1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need Help saving my battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by routerunner, May 28, 2011.

1. routerunner

routerunner Member
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Sacramento
    Hey forum, ive been trying to improve my battery life but I'm not getting any stunning results. I'm running mikfroyo v4.62 with netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more. I havnt changed any settings on this kernel because I'm a noob at this, any tips on what frequency ranges I should have set and governer types? I've been using the internet for about an hour and my battery went from 100%-75% is this normal?

Advertisement

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd say that is normal. You're using data plus your evo's giant screen is on for an hour straight.

Try setting your screen brightness lower.

The kernel you're using is a great kernel for saving battery when there's longer periods of time with the phone sleeping. HAVS undervolts your processor when it's sleeping, and puts the voltages back to normal when you use it.

3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Your drain also can depend on the way you charge your battery.
    If you plug your phone in and let it sit for 6 to 8 hours, you'll get a fast drop for the first 10%. This is because once the battery reaches what it considers 100% it stops pumping the full voltage into the battery, it sort of sputters on and off. This is normal for newer phones to prolong the battery life cycle. I think I explained that correctly. :D

Do a search for bump charge, and read a few threads, it may give you the info you're looking for. :)

routerunner likes this.
  4. blue collar

blue collar Newbie
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    ...also

You can try if you haven't already, calibrating the battery, it's usually good after a new kernel, battery or ROM install and takes a couple charge cycle to see full results/

fully charge then reset batt stats either through recovery or I use this battery calibration app, (it's simple and makes it easier for me when I flash a lot) then use and charge as usual.

...and these are some simple battery tips that not everyone does but it helps.

routerunner likes this.
  5. routerunner

routerunner Member
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Sacramento
    Thanks for the info guys.I.made a few tweaks and my battery life is showing great results

6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Check your apps to make sure you don't have stuff syncing all the time. You can go to settings and then accounts and sync to see. For instance, tweetcaster defaults to syncing every 15 minutes.

And as stated above lower your screen brightness.

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    another suggestion is to turn off data. 3g is such a battery hog. there are a bunch of widgets that have a toggle switch to turn it on or off. some roms even have it in the notification bars.

8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Yup, I would turn off data when your not using as ocnbrze said, and I'd also turn off sync and manually sync when you need it. Setting brightness to a dim setting is also good, and turning off radios when not in use (4g and wifi). For example, when I'm at class, I'll put my phone in either airplane mode or turn off all radios except the one for calls/texts and turn the screen off.

Also, you could try checking spare parts for anything running wild.

(but 3g would be my first one to look into)

Tags: