• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help setting up a specific tasker profile

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
I am trying to set up a profile so that while I am driving if I get an SMS a reply is automatically sent. I can get that pretty easy. Here is the tricky part:

I want the reply sent with the exception of 2 numbers:

1. 32665*** (Facebook) - any reply is posted to my FB account so obviously I don't want an auto reply here. The *** is different with every text thread from FB.

2. (123)456-7890 - One number I don't want the auto reply sent to.

I tried Send SMS ... if "%CNUM !~ 1234567890", but when I set that condition a response was not sent to other numbers.

How can I set it to ignore both of the numbers I listed, and how do I format the "if" conditions.

TYIA

I would say the idea you're using is the easiest way to do it, and should work.

If %CNUM Not Matches 32665*/1234567890

If that's not working I would double check for typos.

I have it set up so I'll test it later. A couple quick questions:
1. Do I only need 1 * if it is 3 numbers?
2. Do I include the 1 before the area code?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was using the wrong variable

%CNUM is for calls
%SMSRF is for SMS

So my send SMS task is:

Send SMS
number %SMSRF
If %SMSRF != 1234567890/32665*

Then if I receive a text while I am driving that is from 1234567890 or facebook it will not auto reply. I keep this profile deactivated unless I am driving (I have a driving profile that activates via bluetooth in my car and will enable this profile as one of it's tasks, and I have a toggle switch on my homescreen to toggle this profile when I am in someone else's car)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones