1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help setting up an account to download apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blesil2004, Sep 25, 2011.

1. blesil2004

blesil2004 Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Android 2.2 netbook
    WIFI

I set up an account using my yahoo email with my app market on my netbook. The market doesn't locate the app I want to install. When I try to get it manually I get "there is no phone connected with this account."

I used the same email address to create an android account at google. I checked the "Accounts and Sync settings" and there was no account listed, so I tried to add one.

After putting in my yahoo email address and password I clicked "Next"
    That brought me to another screen where it had split my email adress. The first part is under "Domain\Username" the yahoo.com part is under "Server". Both SSL options are checked.

When I click next I get "Setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to server."

I need to know the information to put into this screen to connect to the server please?

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    To create an account in "Accounts and Sync settings" you should use the email address/password of your Google account and not Yahoo's

Harry

3. blesil2004

blesil2004 Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Ok so I got my yahoo google apps account turned into a gmail account.

I then tried to add an account and had the same problem. The only difference is that now the server says "gmail.com". But I get the same error message.

Tags: