1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need help to make e-book

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tkaraca, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tkaraca

tkaraca Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I have written a book (in Turkish, 105 pages, pdf and doc versions available) and I need an android apk version of it, willing to pay.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Tufan Karaca
    tkaraca@gmail.com

Advertisement

2. Marvintheparanoid

Marvintheparanoid Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    Why not make an epub version so that people can use their ebook readers to read it?

3. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    ^^ This. Just make it into an .epub and let people use the reader they want.

I usually use Calibre to convert things to .epub for personal use, but I hear Sigil is the way to go if you want a professional quality product. Also, if you publish through Smashwords I think they can handle conversions to multiple formats for you (I'm vague on details, but I've heard talk about some utility called the "meat grinder").

I would suggest visiting Mobileread.com to see how other people are handling this. There are many self-published ebook authors there.

The only reason I can think of to make an ebook into an .apk would be if it was a specifically Android-related book, and you want to put it in the Android Market because your potential readers might not normally be interested in ebooks from the usual places. However, you would be cutting yourself off from other audiences.

4. tkaraca

tkaraca Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Thank you very much for the support, I suppose as said, I should go for an e-book. I will check Sigil. I tried Calibre bu I couldn't figure a ou how to insert tables.

Thanks again.