• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help to switch from CyanogenMod to Serendipity

Hi,

I'm new to rooting and Android and learning as I'm going along. I have a Canadian Captivate from Rogers. I recently rooted my phone and installed CyanogenMod following their instructions. Hardcore's SpeedMod Kernel and ClockworkMod Recovery were installed. The ROM works fine, only problem is the battery drains way too quickly, a common issue with these nightly builds. So I plan on switching to Serendipity and give that a try. Problem is this is all new to me and I'm confused on the kernel and how to proceed from here. The phone says the Kernel is version 2.6.35.7-g78face2 by kolja@unimatrixzero #1.

1) Should I install a different kernel?
2) What steps do you suggest I take to switch to Serendipity? I have these download instructions from their site but not sure how to proceed from my case Download - Serendipity

Thanks for any advice. I'm in the process of learning about rooting and kernels but with the battery draining so quickly gotta change asap too. Cheers!

Airborne :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones