1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need help to transfer VBA game saves to Game Boid

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OZLpere11, Aug 10, 2013.

1. OZLpere11

OZLpere11 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    Male
    So I happen to have a specific problem with transfering a SAV file from VBA on my PC to Game Boid on my android phone. I've been playing Pokemon Emerald on my pc emulator for some time and decided to transfer to game boid. I followed the exact steps needed to do this. I changed the file extension from .sa1 to .sav (I'm using vba link emulator, that's why). I placed the file in my roms folder in my phone, started the game and it detected my file just fine....

The problem is, my file was not updated. I had been saving using a save state, not via the "in-game method" with a battery file. So I had to back and save "in game" and transfer the new file. But now it won't detect my file at all. Every time I try putting it in my roms folder and start up the game, it just says "the game file has been erased due to corruption or damage." I'm very confused as to why it does this. I tried everything to fix it (starting a new game file and over writing it, changing the save types to flash 128kb) and nothing works. It's weird because all my other games work and I can transfer game saves back and forth between pc and phone. So the question is, how can I get game boid to detect my file again without getting that error message in the game? Please help!

Advertisement

2. OZLpere11

OZLpere11 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    Male
    So..... I figured it out on my own. I tried deleting the actual Pokemon ROM file and downloading another one from a different site than the one i had downloaded before. I decided to try this because I had an issue with Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team in which I couldn't save "in-game" (the save states still worked though). In that case, it was because that rom was a European version and for some reason, it doesn't save on my device. I downloaded the US version and it started to save "in-game." When I realized I could do this, I tried the same for Emerald by downloading a different rom file, and sure enough it worked. I took 2 tries though, since there was still a message of the file being corrupted and loading a previous file from a long time ago. So to fix that, I saved twice in my current location in the game (I did this VBA and then transfered the SAV file to my phone on Game Boid) and every time it says "previous file will be loaded" it still loads the actual file that I want..... well this was a headache but I got it to work. Anyways I post this so that anyone else having this issue can hopefully get their games to work too. Thanks to anyone that might have been working to find a solution though. :) :p