• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help to unlock my bootloader

Okay so I have the SDK, JRE and all other tool available. Fastboot and adb commands work when the device is on and unlocked, but when I tell it to reboot to the bootloader, Windows 10 claims that it cannot identify the device and as such the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" command from HTCDev (EMEA Version) does not do anything except hang at "waiting for device to respond"

I suspect it's a driver fault however the 3.xx versions of the driver are not compatible with Windows 10 and the 4.xx versions simply do nothing when I try to run the exe.

Does anyone have any ideas? The device is new, stock and carrier unlocked (Thanks eBay!) and I'm going to the states soon and I'd like to use it instead of risking my Nexus 6 in Yosemite as I only need basic phone calls and such. But the stock OS is a bit yuck and I plan to use this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2526391

Any help appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones