• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help transferring data (pictures, contacts, etc) ?

blueplato

Lurker
Oct 20, 2012
Okay, so yesterday I dropped my phone from a small height, and the LCD screen broke. The phone works fine and so does the touchscreen, but i don't know what I'm selecting or anything. So I called Verizon and they're sending me a new one, which should be here Tuesday. My whole deal is..I never backed anything up. Ever. Which I get was really stupid, but I need my pictures etc really bad from the phone. And my contacts. But, I've heard that contacts are stored in the SIM card, so when I put the SIM card in my new phone does that mean all my contacts will be transferred? Because when it gave me the option of where to store my contacts, I always chose phone. Also, is there a way i can use the keyboard to connect it to my pc? because when i connect it, it makes the noises it usually does when it asks what i want to do (mass storage, charge only).. anything would be really helpful :) thanks!

your pictures should be stored on your SD card (remove it from one phone put it into another they should all be there now), as far as your contacts, most of us store them on our google account(it automatically syncs them to the cloud just in case something like this happens we still have our contacts), if you have verizons backup assistant you can access them online (i believe default contact storage is on the phones memory not the SIM card)

Upvote 0
oh well that's a relief..but loosing my contacts is a bit depressing. I am going to backup my phone regularly, in case something like this happens again but I really need my contacts. I have the verizon backup assistant on my phone, but i never properly set up an account? is there any way to do that from the internet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones