• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help: trying to paste system .png files from one rom to another

jackdubl

Android Expert
May 18, 2010
Topeka, KS
This seems like it should be pretty simple but I haven't been able to really get started after a couple days. I want to get the status bar icons and other system .png's from one aosp rom to another. I figure if I could just paste the .png's from the one rom I'm not using(but love the icons for) to the system.ui/framework-res.apk of the rom I'm using, then I could use UOT Kitchen to make a zip I could apply to the rom I'm using. It appears I need apktool, which I have downloaded, but I have no idea what to do with it. And I can barely remember how I was able to use adb to root my phone. I am pretty inept at using adb without step by step instruction. Could somebody help me out with this? Like I said, in my mind it seems like it should be pretty simple to do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones