1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need help understanding some apps and how to nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LOLO22, Apr 11, 2012.

1. LOLO22

LOLO22 Lurker

so i wanted to change my battery icon using UOT kitchen but wasn't sure if i am able to do it with my samsung admire. It still has the gingerbread rom that came installed when i got it and it is also rooted. I read that i should make a nandroid backup before doing anything with my phone. So I searched how to do that and am sort of confused if a nandroid backup and titanium backup(which i already have) are the same thing and how to nandroid backup and use UOT kitchen to customize my phone. any help would be appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

no they are not the same! check out clockwork mod in this forum and install it and use this to do backup of your phone. you will be safer and not have to do much due to its being simple to use .

viperdink out!

3. LOLO22

LOLO22 Lurker

4. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

no leave the .tar file alone, just unzip odin. you'll use the tar file when you use odin to install the cwm program. after you get cwm installed, d/l quick boot from goggle play store. it makes it easier to use cwm when ever you restore or back up your phone.

LOLO22 likes this.
  5. LOLO22

LOLO22 Lurker

sweet i just got it thanks for your help.

6. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

good job,enjoy

7. LOLO22

LOLO22 Lurker

OH! one more thing. are you experienced using UOT kitchen? Because i was wondering on how to put my rom on my computer. Now I assume my rom is in the backup i saved onto it earlier but when i go to find the systemUI and framework-res file to finish the upload process on UOT Kitchen i can't find it and when i search for it in the file nothing comes up

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews