1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help Unrooting, Returning to Asurion Insurance [FIXED, DISREGARD]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidguy1231, Dec 27, 2011.

1. androidguy1231

So I'm completely new to rooting and phone software things. I was on a 2.3.4 stock phone and I tried to do rooting by following the information on this thread:
    (Won't let me post links, but it's the thread on these forums that tells me how to root a 2.3.4)
    I finished step 2, and had the superuser app so I figured the root went ok. I still have the s-on.

This is when I started being an idiot. I did a complete factory reset at this point thinking that it would cancel out the root since I still have the s-on. Now whenever I boot up the phone, it says "UIDS on the system are inconsistent. you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable."
    I tried to do the unroot by performing the RUU method, as per this thread:
    (Can't post a link... )
    but I run into an error. I assume that might be because I'm on 2.3.4 and not 2.2?
    I don't understand how to do the first method, unfortunately but I get the feeling that it might not work since I'm on 2.3.4 and that is directed to a 2.2 unroot.

So then I tried to complete the downgrade to 2.2 and then just unroot from there, but when I put the PB31img.zip into the SDcard folder and go into the bootscreen, it doesn't load the zip. It does display some green text, but it disappears very quickly and I can't read what it says. The screen then stays at the bootloader, unchanging. I did reformat the SDcard into FAT32 through windows.

Anyone know what I could do from here? I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Never mind. Redownloading the PB31img.zip worked.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews