1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need help Unrooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmonklan, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dmonklan

dmonklan Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    So i rooted my Evo 4g everythings fine no problems. I get a software update and it installs. Now it doesnt detect the root. So i download the RUU file to unroot my phone. Again it installs everythings fine. I want to root the phone again but when i start doing the process again the phone says it has S-off but it wont detect my device.. what do i do from here??

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    If S is off you dont need to run Revolutionary again, just do a custom recovery and your ready to flash.

Also, dont accept OTA's EVER. Its not worth it just wait untill the devs put it in their roms

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. parkerskouson

parkerskouson Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Im Pretty sure its not legal.....
    Vegas!!
    Yep. You need to install the Su zip file. Go to the revolutionary root page and you will find that download. Then look up amon-ra recovery on Google. Download the pc36img.zip file. Put it on the root of ur sd card. (Not in any folders). The turn off the phone and pull out the battery. Hold volume down and power button till u get into the bootloader. It will ask to do a update. Accept it. When it is all done. Go back to the normal bootloader. Then use volume down to choose recovery. Then find the su file and flash it. Then that should be all good.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    one thing that needs to be said, and that is to NEVER ACCEPT AN OTA WHILE BEING ROOTED. it could seriously brick your phone. it could also unroot you. usually ota's will have closed the previous exploit, and in most cases you will have to wait until the devs find a new exploit to root your phone. fortunately for you we have a new exploit has been found. but as a general rule for rooted phones, never accept an ota. all you have to do is wait for the devs to cook the ota into a rom. and all you would have to do is just flash the rom and you are updated.

and just an fyi ruu's do not unroot you. all they do is install a rom be it a custom rom or a stock rom and recovery. it does not switch from s-off to s-on.

Rxpert83 likes this.
Tags: