• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help updating to 2.2!?!?

well ive had my transform for about 2 moths and now i kinda checking into updating the brains of it. only problem is i really have no idea how. all iknow is i dont want to have to root it because i think i will mess it up. so if there is any way to update like ota or something please let me know how thanks

well ive had my transform for about 2 moths and now i kinda checking into updating the brains of it. only problem is i really have no idea how. all iknow is i dont want to have to root it because i think i will mess it up. so if there is any way to update like ota or something please let me know how thanks

It should just be a case of going into the settings and manually checking for a system update.
menu/settings/about phone/system software updates.

Upvote 0
I assume you are not currently rooted, so this will work for you.
Your phone is not automatically detecting the update, so you will need to manually update it (no rooting required! :) )
Download this file. update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Place it on your SD card (make sure it isn't in any folders, though! Very important!)

Now that this file is on your SD card and your SD card is in your phone, take the battery out of your phone and put it back in so your phone is completely off.

Now hold down the volume down, power, and camera buttons. You will go to the stock updating tool.

Select "apply update.zip"
Boom! Your phone is now updating :)

PS,
In the stock recovery, I believe you use volume up and volume down to navigate the menu, and either the menu soft key, the camera button, or the voice command button to select. Just test which one works, it won't harm your phone!

Glad to help,

-Cooper

Upvote 0
I assume you are not currently rooted, so this will work for you.
Your phone is not automatically detecting the update, so you will need to manually update it (no rooting required! :) )
Download this file. update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Place it on your SD card (make sure it isn't in any folders, though! Very important!)

Now that this file is on your SD card and your SD card is in your phone, take the battery out of your phone and put it back in so your phone is completely off.

Now hold down the volume down, power, and camera buttons. You will go to the stock updating tool.

Select "apply update.zip"
Boom! Your phone is now updating :)

PS,
In the stock recovery, I believe you use volume up and volume down to navigate the menu, and either the menu soft key, the camera button, or the voice command button to select. Just test which one works, it won't harm your phone!

Glad to help,

-Cooper

ooook so i just did that and now my phone is stuck saying downloading and the bar isnt moving and its been about 10 min and it says DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET......now what to do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones