1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need help upgrading/rooting to GB 2.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PwrdByPandas, Sep 25, 2011.

1. PwrdByPandas

PwrdByPandas Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    So I just got a DroidX and ive been looking through several forums for the past 3 hours and still cannot find a guide that can clearly tell me how to upgrade and root. I have read through all the terminology but there are a lot of basic things I just do not know how to do.

I don't know how to install an apk file. Or flash a rom, etc... I am completely new but I am very technically sound and I learn quick. So if someone could break it down from the beginning and just assume ive been living in the dark ages (Using a windows mobile phone) for the past 2 years I would greatly apreciate it.

I am running a Droid X
    Version 2.2.1

Baseband version
    BP_C_01.09.07P

Kernel Version
    2.6.32.9-g55626e1

thank you.

Advertisement

2. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    To update all you have to do is go into settings, about phone, and tap system updates. That should do it.

To root, check out the root guide here. There is a simple one click root method. Read up around here and keep asking questions if you have them.

Oh and apk files are installed just like cab files. If you go through the market, just click install, read over the permissions and then tap accept. Outside of the market, look through your file manager to find the file and tap the apk you want to install.

Again, feel free to ask any of us if you have a question.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US