• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED HELP URGENT! HTC Desire 601 S-On Stuck at Bootloader

ErrFunn

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Hi so my friend passed me his HTC Desire 601 so that I can root it for him after he failed rooting it himself. Followed a guide perfectly fine and no root access. Been googling for solutions for hours which led me to this. I noticed when flashing SuperSu it says something like 'unable mount /cache' and 'kernel does not have support for reading selinux contexts'. Can't really remember what it says as I haven't seen the message in a few hours already as I've been stuck at the bootloader and trying to crack my brains open to solve this damn issue.

Googled that up "kernel does not have support for reading selinux contexts and uanble to mount /cache issue" and saw a comment saying that it could possibly be the recovery issue so I got ClockWorkMod on it now instead of TWRP and wanted to flash the SuperSu but 1 dumb thing I did was went to wipe all data on phone which prepared for a new ROM. So now I'm guessing this phone is ROMless and is stuck at the bootloader. Anything I do, it brings me back to the fastboot screen with the other options to reboot and so on. Newbie so please mind.

A STEP-BY-STEP DETAILED answer would be much appreciated. REQUESTING HELP ASAP as I have to give my friend back his phone!

I got bored and was looking through the threads when I saw this one that was never answered. Now granted that you're still friend's with the guy and you still have the phone I can probably give you a quick solution to get his Desire in operating condition.

Prerequisites: Have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC. Also download this WARNING If on your bootloader it says HBOOT - 2.20.0000 YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOWNLOAD THIS INSTEAD.

Step 1: Let your phone go into the bootloader or go to it by using volume down + power while the device is off.
Step 2: Select fastboot
Step 3:
Assuming you have already installed the drivers to your PC plug the phone into your computer
Step 4: Run the exe you downloaded in the prerequisites
Step 5:
Get back with me and let me know if this works for you

This won't root your buddy's phone but it will at least allow him to use it again. If you check the forums I have a guide to downgrade and root which could potentially help you get to the current version of android with root.

HAVE A NICE DAY! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones