• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help- Urgent- problem with rooting

batman1025

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
I've been having issues with my Moment, so I decided to try and root. I am a n00b. I've been reading up a lot on it for months. The best I have seen so far was a dude by the name Tecnica. However, I literally JUST started and my phone is at the black and blue "DOWNLAODING DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!!" screen and my USB ports are not reading device. I need prompt help before I accidently brick phone if I haven't already.

Thanks.
Batman

It's been 2 days. Did you get it working?

You can do a battery pull in the downloading screen and be fine, as long as you haven't partially downloaded anything to the phone. Even then, running the updater again can usually fix it. Since you say it couldn't even connect via usb, I think you're safe.

With the phone in normal operating mode can your computer see it? Windows should automatically install the basic usb drivers needed to connect. Is usb debugging checked? (MENU-Settings-Applications-Development) Uncheck it if it is and try again. You can try uninstalling everything Samsung, and use a program called usbdeview to find and remove any other Samsung usb drivers. Then plug the phone back in and the proper drivers should install. Then install the Samsung updater and try the root process again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones