1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General need help Verizon screwing me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ctjoe, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ctjoe

ctjoe Newbie
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    I had a conversation with a verizon rep on phone Thursday. They agree Fascinate had issues and offered me either the Charge, Incred2 or Droid X2. I said let me research models and call me monday. They called and said they never mentioned the Charge. They said choices were Cred2,X2 or Droid2. I know thats not the offer and can see on other forums that the 1st choices are correct. Help. I am looking for any emails,notices,announcements or even members who have had this same choice to maybe help. They Are Screwing Me. I contacted the FCC and they will help me if I can get documentation. Thanks folks

Advertisement

2. Blue218

Blue218 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    They tried that with me too. I was a huge PIA for them and called 2 times as well as went into a store. The Charge was not available as a "kit" (refurb phone, back door, battery, and charger) so the store could not order it from the warehouse as a kit (that scew not available) so they had to order me everything separately and then the store gave me the battery (since the battery was not in the warehouse)

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    I went through something similar, coming from the fascinate to the charge. We had issues with them having it in stock, no longer offering me one, etc. After calling enough, and applying some pressure on the right call rep, I got my charge. Though you might consider yourself lucky to get one of the other ones, because I have heard them no longer offering replacements after they put out the update if they haven't already done so.

4. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Craft Beer Provider
    Spring, TX

My wife is in the same boat. I think its a "you snooze, you lose" kind of situation. I got my Fascinate swapped for a Charge and my wife decided she wanted to wait and see if the Charge would be worth the swap. Fast forward a week and a half and now Verizon's telling her the Charge is out of stock and they can't order her one. Really sucks but I don't know that there's much that can be done. She's been checking with the store every couple of days but no luck so far.

5. lane32x

lane32x Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    The Fascinate update was set to start rolling out nationwide yesterday (monday) so the offer for the Charge officially expired this past Saturday at midnight. I saw this over at the xda-dev forums, since I, too, came from a fascinate.

Also, as was mentioned MANY many many many times over there, almost everyone who got the Charge with the exchange was instructed that this could NOT be done over the phone, but had to be done in a Corporate store. When you are on VerizonWireless' website, and you use the store locator, these would be the stores listed as being able to do software updates/upgrades.

If they will still give you a phone, going with the Droid Inc 2 might not be bad b/c at least the gps and wifi would work a lot better.

But I think all 3 upgrade options have been deleted now.

To find out, go to a corporate store, tell the guys at the counter that you had a friend with the same problems "the phone wasn't receiving calls. It was intermittent, the new updates didn't fix anything, and the guys at the Verizon store that your friend went to looked on 'info manager' and searched for 'samsung fascinate not receiving calls' " and ask them if there is anything they can still do about it.