• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help! Water damage

brillimz

Lurker
Jun 19, 2010

The other day I dropped my phone in water and sat there for a while before I noticed. I dried everything out, there was allot of water under the screen, then turned it back on. Everything seems to work fine but a couple things. It wont connect to the internet, 3g and bluetooth will not turn on. I did the trouble shooting with the verizon tech with no help. So I have a new phone on the way through my insurance but since they are on back order still it may take a while. I need to find a way to get my contacts off the incredible to an old LG dare that I now activated and am using. The incredible will connect via wifi. I went to the verizon store but they couldnt get it to transfer. Sorry for the long post but any ideas would be great.​

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones