1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Need help! what is the next step?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Itlooksfast, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Ok I got my phone rooted with Unrevoked3 and then did the Unrevoked Forever and got S-Off. I still want the Official OTA updates with root....thats why I did Unrevoked Forever. I was following the steps and it said if you want the official ota update and still be rooted you have to flash the pb3img.zip file. I didnt do that...or I already did and I didnt know it yet...but I have been getting the OTA updage message. So is it safe to just go ahead and install the OTA update now?

Advertisement

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    i would flash the image thats for getting the ota then accept it bc i think that is the one that gets rid of clockwork so the ota will work once installing it

3. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Ok the problem is that when I tried to flash it. Basically changing the name to "PB31IMG.ZIP" and place it on my sd card. I would enter into hboot...it wouldnt read it or flash it. Basically, it just said image not found

Is there another step or something else I need to do? Like once the file is in the sd card. I just pretty much turn the phone down. Press the power and volume down button to enter into Hboot. And I was told to just let the phone read the image and then just press up to flash and reboot. But it didnt do that.