1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with a bush10onu tablet. Fully charged won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by darkdaz, Oct 1, 2020.

1. darkdaz

darkdaz Newbie

Hey everyone
    It's been a while.
    Hope everyone is keeping well in this situation. And healthy

Anywya I brought. Bush 10 inch tablet a few years ago from argos. But the. Some else stole it and I just got it back from the police. Anyway the tablet is fine. Its fully charged. The screen works OK as the screen comes in when I plug the charger in. And it loads its battery boot up. But when I unplug it. And press the power on button it doesn't turn on.

Does anyone know how I can fix this please. Thanks
    The model number is bush10onu
    Here's a argos page for a similar one to mine. The inky different is the ram size mine has 16gb.
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8333205

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I'm thinking your battery is dead.
    It may say it's fully charged but I'm betting its not

ocnbrze, MrJavi and puppykickr like this.
  3. darkdaz

darkdaz Newbie

I have left the tablet on over night on a low current charger.
    Aby suggestions of what to do?

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

How long ago was this tablet stolen from you? It could be a matter of the thief just abused it and ran the battery down repeatedly, shortening its longevity significantly. Also, how long was battery able to hold a usable charge when you had it previously? Keep in mind any tablet's battery will age and lose it's ability to hold a charge. If your tablet is only usable only while plugged into it power adapter, than it does sound like the battery is failing.
    The problem is you don't know how this tablet was maintained for the time when you didn't have it any longer.
    You might want to do a Factory Reset if you haven't already, just to give it a cursory clean-up. You don't know how the a-hole treated your tablet physically nor what they might have left behind.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  6. darkdaz

darkdaz Newbie

replying to Svim

the tablet was fine, about 6 months ago, and it was holding a full charge all day when i use them,
    your right tho they may of abused and so on

it wont even come on for to do a hard factory reset, as i said the screen comes on when i plug the charger in, say the charger boot loader loads and shows the battery icon with llighting bolt and bar and then shows full battery.

------------

Replying to steiny180
    yea but will that work when the tablet wont turn on?????

7. svim

http://www.bush-support.com/tablets
    OK, after reading through your initial post I wasn't able determine that this tablet actually doesn't boot up normally.
    With a lot of Android mobile devices, re-flashing the appropriate stock ROM will restore them to working condition. But the Argos site, and the Bush site, show little online tech support and your model doesn't appear to have adequate third-party, independent tech support either. You might want to try contacting Argos and/or Bush to see if they will repair it for you. Get a quote though, you might be better off just buying a replacement instead. It might not be just a software issue, if there's hardware damage too you'll be paying more for parts and labor than the cost of buying a new, more functional tablet.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. darkdaz

darkdaz Newbie

TO Svim, thanks buddy, question , how do i flashing or reflash the appropriate stock rom when i cant get it to turn on?

this was a old tablet now anyway as i did get a new , because wouldnt got this bush one back so brought a new one, i will check with argos and or bush and see what they say

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

that is what he was saying both argos and bush do not offer much support:
    your only real solution is to contact the manufacturer and see if they can repair the device for you.

svim, MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  10. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

It will tell you the battery level from the charger's standpoint. High / Low amperage indicates battery low / full respectively.

Have you tried cleaing the battery terminals both on the battery and in the device with a pencil eraser? You may have continuity problems.

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. svim

In order to flash your tablet, you need to obtain an appropriate ROM, one that's created specifically for your model, and a utility to do the actual flashing process. Some tablet models, often Samsung models, are easier to do this. There are numerous sources online for stock Samsung ROMs and flashing utilities for Samsung devices, but for a lot of other brands, those items may or may not be as prevalent.
    The issue is there is no such thing as a generic, universal Android ROM that can be used on any Android-compatible device -- every device has its own, specific ROM. Every different model has its own unique hardware configuration and every matching ROM contains the drivers, firmware, and software that directly corresponds to that hardware. So you won't be able to just use any ROM you download from some repository, you need to get one that exactly matches your brand and model.
    So with your Bush tablet, if the manufacturer doesn't opt to make ROMs for their products publicly available (a lot of them choose not to), that limits your options. Since it still needs to be determined if this is a software or a hardware issue, don't get your hopes up too much.

ocnbrze likes this.