• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help with a problem

haima123

Nov 24, 2016
i want to make a profile who whenever one of my sister calls
i will be able 2 answer the call with 2 options
either 2 send a text message
or 2 call back the number of the sister who called me
i made a profile with pop up task
how to build the 2 tasks?

Last edited:
Here's the foundation. It assumes the last Call or SMS is what needs response …

AAAA (562)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%calld To:%CDATE Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Split [ Name:%calld Splitter:- Delete Base:Off ]
A3: Variable Set [ Name:%calldt To:%calld1%calld2%calld3%CTIME Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%smsd To:%SMSRD Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Variable Split [ Name:%smsd Splitter:- Delete Base:Off ]
A6: Variable Set [ Name:%smsdt To:%smsd1%smsd2%smsd3%SMSRT Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A7: If [ %calldt > %smsdt ]
A8: Call [ Number:%CNUM Auto Dial:Off ]
A9: Else
A10: Send SMS [ Number:%SMSRF Message:%SMSRN this is a sample message. Store In Messaging App:Off ]
A11: End If
A12: Flash [ Text:C: %calldt
S: %smsdt Long:On ]

… Thom

Reactions: david beaulieu
Upvote 0
Here's the foundation. It assumes the last Call or SMS is what needs response …

AAAA (562)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%calld To:%CDATE Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Split [ Name:%calld Splitter:- Delete Base:Off ]
A3: Variable Set [ Name:%calldt To:%calld1%calld2%calld3%CTIME Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%smsd To:%SMSRD Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Variable Split [ Name:%smsd Splitter:- Delete Base:Off ]
A6: Variable Set [ Name:%smsdt To:%smsd1%smsd2%smsd3%SMSRT Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A7: If [ %calldt > %smsdt ]
A8: Call [ Number:%CNUM Auto Dial:Off ]
A9: Else
A10: Send SMS [ Number:%SMSRF Message:%SMSRN this is a sample message. Store In Messaging App:Off ]
A11: End If
A12: Flash [ Text:C: %calldt
S: %smsdt Long:On ]

… Thom
what is varible split?
and varible set means that i can define what acuttally?
a new command?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You learn Tasker by experimentation.

When in a Variable Split action (or any action for that matter) click on the Help button and it tells you what the action does.

When in a Variable Set action (or any action for that matter) click on the Help button and it tells you what the action does

What I posted is creating two date time character strings so they can be compared so you can tell what was the last one. One is the last incoming Call and the other is the last incoming SMS. This will then tell you if you are responding to a Call or an SMS.

If you have a string %samp that is …
this-is-a-sample
… and do a Variable Split with - as the splitter you will get …
%samp1 is this
%samp2 is is
%samp3 is a
%samp4 is sample

%samp1%samp2%samp3%samp4 will then be thisisasample

… Thom

Upvote 0
Tom, why am I getting this from tasker?, and once this is on the screen my phone is ususeable until it clears..and it clears sometimes after 5 minutes..I have to boot my phone..so I'm finding my self booting the phone at least 10 times a day..

I don't have that many profiles, and I deleted a lot of them just trying to find a solution..

I've froze another several profiles too just to see what's triggering this annoying error..
Another thing..I've never heard or read that any ones complains about this issue before..am I the only one?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-30-13-44-47.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-30-13-44-47.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
You learn Tasker by experimentation.

When in a Variable Split action (or any action for that matter) click on the Help button and it tells you what the action does.

When in a Variable Set action (or any action for that matter) click on the Help button and it tells you what the action does

What I posted is creating two date time character strings so they can be compared so you can tell what was the last one. One is the last incoming Call and the other is the last incoming SMS. This will then tell you if you are responding to a Call or an SMS.

If you have a string %samp that is …
this-is-a-sample
… and do a Variable Split with - as the splitter you will get …
%samp1 is this
%samp2 is is
%samp3 is a
%samp4 is sample

%samp1%samp2%samp3%samp4 will then be thisisasample

… Thom
good morning tom is it possible to trigger a task when i reccive a message in whats up from a certain contact or even 2 open a pop up task when he sends me a message i whats up

Upvote 0
"Thom, why am I getting this from tasker?, and once this is on the screen my phone is ususeable until it clears..and it clears sometimes after 5 minutes..I have to boot my phone..so I'm finding my self booting the phone at least 10 times a day.."

I have never gotten this message before on any device.

What version of Android are you using? If it less than 8.0 any the cure for almost all memory problems is to do a Wipe Cache Partition that deletes all temporary files and does not touch installed apps or settings. (Some old games kept progress data in the Cache Partition and if you have one of those the data will be lost.)

Over time the cache partition can become fragmented and cause all manner of memory problems. It was done away with in Android 8.

… Thom

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones