1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need Help with a to do list profile

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sciplefirm, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Sciplefirm

Sciplefirm Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2013
    Criminal Defense Lawyer
    Alabama
    I get email notifications 14 days out of upcoming court dates for my clients from the automated electronic court notification system. In the subject line it lists the case number. What I would like to do is have this subject line entered as a to do item. I am using K-9 so the variable is %ESUBJ. I am able to get to the point where due today opens and the tap works, but it will not input the text. Once I get it working, I will add the input tap to save and adjust the k-9 email received to be triggered when received from the specific address. This is what i have so far.

event: K-9 email received
    t1: load app due today
    t2: wait 5 seconds
    t3: run shell script/input tap 619 112; use root
    t4: wait 5 seconds
    t5: run shell input text %ESUBJ; use root

side note: I am able to send a text message with %ESUBJ as the message of the text.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. KitWasHere

KitWasHere Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2013
    Is the text box highlighted before your type command? That is what the first tap is I'm assuming (don't use "Due Today"), right?
    Tasker has a built in action under "Input", "Type" that you could try. But other users have reported that it is slow.
    You could try making your own to-do app completely with Tasker. I've done this myself, but I find Google Keep to work fine, and AutoShare can add notes into that one. Maybe AS could help with this too

3. Sciplefirm

Sciplefirm Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2013
    Criminal Defense Lawyer
    Alabama
    After the input tap a new todo item opens and there is a flashing cursor in the spot where I want the text to go. Haven't looked at Google keep, will do that.

4. Sciplefirm

Sciplefirm Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2013
    Criminal Defense Lawyer
    Alabama
    Started working after I came back to it. Am able to input %ESUBJ as the todo title.