• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with album art using stock music app

nathanirwin311

Dec 10, 2009
Clinton, TN
I am using windows 7 so the htc sync does not work. I know that there is a workaround for this but I am able to connect Eris through usb and then tap on mount sd card and then drag and drop music files from my pc to my Eris. The problem is that the Eris music app does not show any of the album art. The art is in the files so I don't know why it won't show. I created a folder called music, and in that folder is a folder for each artist which contains folders for each album. The art is in each album folder. I tried Mixzing media player for a while and some of the album art appeared but maybe only 25%. I like the stock app if it would just show the album art. Can anyone help please?

I am using windows 7 so the htc sync does not work. I know that there is a workaround for this but I am able to connect Eris through usb and then tap on mount sd card and then drag and drop music files from my pc to my Eris. The problem is that the Eris music app does not show any of the album art. The art is in the files so I don't know why it won't show. I created a folder called music, and in that folder is a folder for each artist which contains folders for each album. The art is in each album folder. I tried Mixzing media player for a while and some of the album art appeared but maybe only 25%. I like the stock app if it would just show the album art. Can anyone help please?

So you have an art folder with all the cover art? Or is the cover art tagged in the mp3's?

Upvote 0
So you have an art folder with all the cover art? Or is the cover art tagged in the mp3's?

The album art is in a folder with each album. Example: Music > Gorillaz > Demon Days > Individual songs and album art. Each album has a smaller and larger version of the art; both are jpegs. This is the way that it is organized on my PC using windows 7 media center. I just copied the artist folders into the music folder on SD card. How do I tag the art in the mp3's?

Upvote 0
The album art is in a folder with each album. Example: Music > Gorillaz > Demon Days > Individual songs and album art. Each album has a smaller and larger version of the art; both are jpegs. This is the way that it is organized on my PC using windows 7 media center. I just copied the artist folders into the music folder on SD card. How do I tag the art in the mp3's?

I have an easy solution for you and it will only cost you around $1. Market app called album art grabber! It will save you from a big headache, it works awesome! :D

Upvote 0

I use MediaMonkey ... you tag the art to the mp3, the art then moves with the song. So if you move an mp3 to another computer or another devise the album art does too.

MediaMonkey is free, MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones