1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need Help with Ally / Velocity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yatesracing, Feb 17, 2011.

1. yatesracing

yatesracing Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Hello - first let me say I am clueless to the mechanics of this phone- I bought this phone used from someone who put Velocity?? on the phone. The phone was rebooting on its own. Verizon told me to reset factory settings. Well... now the phone wont go past the velocity (looping) screen when I turn it on. Now I have a paperweight. Any EASY steps to either get past this or to get it back to factory settings ( my husband has one and his is like it came from verizon) ?? Sorry for not knowing more, googled my problem and this forum came up. I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Welcome to the forums, and sorry for you are having problems but what you have there is a Rooted phone that has a custom Rom installed. First let me say, you have come to the right place! but before we answer your questions, got to ask, are you wanting to learn, "The Mechanics" of your phone, or get the phone back to stock factory settings as easily as possible?

If you want to learn more about what you have, check out this post >> http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...30-january-2011-8-59-pm-central-u-s-time.html

If you just want to get back to factory settings and don't want to ever modify, tweek, and increase the performance of your phone, read this post here >>> http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nteer-who-wants-go-back-completely-stock.html

Good Luck with either choice you make

P.S. don't be affraid to ask questions!!!! there are lots of nice folks here, that are more than willing to help..

3. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    There aren't any EASY steps to resolve this problem if you are not a technical person. You could try the following post if you want to go back to stock: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nteer-who-wants-go-back-completely-stock.html

If you want to keep Velocity, you might be able to clear the data, cache and dalvik-cache and/or possibly repartition the sdcard and resolve the looping issue.

If all that seems too incomprehensible, you might just want to have someone do this for you. I would be willing to do it for nothing if you cover the shipping both ways. If interested, send me a Private Message and I'll give you my address.

4. yatesracing

yatesracing Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Thank you both for the quick response...

First... yes , I would love it dearly to get it back to factory - stock - out of the box ( WORKING lol ) condition.

I printed the pages from the link you posted and am going to cross some fingers that a computer guru friend can follow them and fix this phone. I really really loved it ( had to go back to the darkside and turn my blackberry back on - not eligible for an upgrade thru verizon for 4 more months).

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. And poster number 2.... I would love to take you up if I cant find someone local to fix it.

Tags: