1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support need help with an app: Camera JB+

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sun7ss, Sep 2, 2016.

1. sun7ss

sun7ss Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2013
    Hi,

One month ago I've purchased Camera JB+ app. There are so many settings which I don't understand, like... fx quality 1:1, 1:4 and 1:16 - which one is best quality?

Many other functions/settings I just don't understand, like HDR etc.

Is there any help page with an explanation on all those? I googled, but couldn't find one.

Besides, is there a possibility to make a shortcut from a locked screeen directly to the camera? It's because I use the camera pretty often, and don't want to unlock the phone and press the camera icon each time I want to take a picture.

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I don;t have the answers. Camera JB+ is the camera app I use on all devices.

I experimented with the options , tweaked the settings, and tend to never touch them.

You bring up some good questions ... I just e-mailed the developer to see if there was an option description available somewhere.

Camera on the lock screen ... my guess is that it would depend on the device you were using.

... Thom

Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Yeah, a lock screen shortcut will depend on device/ROM/OS version.

HDR means "high dynamic range". With real cameras this means taking 2-3 shots with different exposures and merging them, but I don't know whether that app really does that or whether it's just a processing filter. The idea is to raise shadows while reducing blown highlights, but if taken too far it looks artificial (IMO).

I'd guess that 1:1 would be higher quality than 1:16, but why not take the same shot with both and see which (if either) looks better? Look at the pics with a file browser, the higher quality one should be a larger file.

Thom likes this.
  4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I've used this app for years and for one would vote for a simple explanation of what the options are. I experimented. I wonder what I missed?

FWIW I use a Droid Turbo 2. They don't monitor the proximity sensor by default. I added a Tasker profile to monitor it and turn the screen off if covered unless I am on a phone call. I have another Tasker task that enables/disables this profile and launches Camera JB+. This was because the active proximity sensor profile was constantly turning the screen off when I was using JB+ and manipulating the screen.

FWIW (2) I do not use screen lock unless I know I am leaving my phone in an unsafe place. As a result I don't have the take a picture from lock screen issue.

... Thom