• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with an HTC EVO error message

I have an HTC EVO and I installed an app call shootme for screen shots, works well on my EVO, however my friend just got an EVO and installed same app on his. When he went to use is this is the message he gets "**ROOT** Access enabled on your device and access lower level graphics" Can someone please help with an explanation of why this is happening.

That doesn't make sense because I have never rooted my phone, at least if I think I understand what your saying. I have had my phone sense last October and my friend just got his, his isn't the 3D new one. If you can clarify how my phone is rooted, which I don't know how to do or never done. Help would be much appreciated as I am not a tech guy.

Upvote 0
Did you update the evo to gingerbread 2.3? My cousins updated their evos now one can use the shoot app and the other gets the root message. So I guess after the update the screen shot apps might work without rooting whereas before the update on a 2.2 evo it definitely worked without rooting (well atleast this what happened for those 2 evos)

Upvote 0
If the ones in the market won't work and Screenshots are a necessity for him then he might wanna consider rooting. There is a non root app but it's $5 and everytime you reboot/turn the phone off you have to reconnect to your pc to reactivate the screen shot app. Kind of the pain so i didn't bother with it. I think it's called no root screen shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones