1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with android market

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shadow662, Sep 23, 2011.

1. shadow662

shadow662 Lurker

Kids had my phone Got it back tried to go in android market and it says my login Is something at youtube.com. I setup the android market with gmail account how do I switch it back to gmail account. The youtube account shown is my youtube account but i don't know the password. I tried clearing the market app data in settings already.

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

When in the Market app, press Menu and it will give you the option to choose the account.

3. shadow662

shadow662 Lurker

Yea it wont let me use the menu button. Has a screen that says google sign in. Since i don't know the password it wont let me in.

4. HJAcevedo

HJAcevedo Well-Known Member

Get your password reset? Best I got. I didn't even know there was an @youtube.com email address.

Unless I'm reading your post wrong...

5. shadow662

shadow662 Lurker

Neither did I. The screen it shows don't give an option to reset.

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

You should be able to retrieve your Youtube password here.

7. shadow662

shadow662 Lurker

Well tried that my google account is linked to youtube. I go back to the screen that comes up when I click on android market and put the password in any password for that matter brings up one of those crooked lettered verification codes. I put the code in and that takes me back to the "incorrect password or your account changed" screen

8. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast

try settings>applications>manage apps>market then clear cache and data. that usually sorts out any misbehaving apps

9. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Or simply remove the stupid youtube account from accounts and add a google one.

10. teh_dude

teh_dude Android Enthusiast

Saved my butt.

You used to not be able to do this in the old market as far as I could tell, and so I had joined the ranks previously of those who had switched to a different google account and couldn't do anything about it on their phone without a data reset or without contacting developers about refunds and repurchases. This time it randomly switched on me for some reason and now it's back. So glad. Because I have *THIS* many apps on my proper google account, and only *this* many apps on the wrong one. lol.

11. Goreygirl

Nope.. not offered that option from Menu in the version of Market on my phone.

12. shadow662

shadow662 Lurker

Well I opened a app that you can upgrade. The market opened and asked a yes or no austin pushed yes and now it's using the correct google account.

13. teh_dude

teh_dude Android Enthusiast

Does your Market look like the pix in the article link below? If not, that article has a download link. If you're uncertain on how to manually install an app, reply back and one of us can help:

Get the NEW Android Market Now [Download]

Goreygirl likes this.
  14. Goreygirl

Thanks a million :)

Gg

15. Goreygirl

Hi

Which screen do you mean?