1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help with contact photo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akcmommy, Dec 15, 2010.

1. akcmommy

akcmommy Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2010
    I used to have a HTC Eris. When I purchased my Samsung, I transferred my contacts (via Google and/or data backup & by moving info from my old SD card)

I have a contact whose picture is not saved anywhere I can find. When I update the contact at google, it eraced the pic. I was able to restore the pic to the contact via data backup (MyBackupPro). But now, I cannot figure out how to copy the photo so I can save it somewhere else so that when google updates my contacts, it will remain.

HELP!

Advertisement

2. SoftWyer

SoftWyer Well-Known Member
    None

The photo is a bitmap in the database (at least the API makes it look that way - it might actually be a structured file system..)

I'm not sure that you can get the photo out of the Contact DB short of plugging in the Android SDK and using ADB to query it directly. Some more details here -> Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

Also, I'm not sure the actual phones have some restrictions on getting to the data.

You might want to look around at some of the contact manager apps to see if they offer an export option.