1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Need HELP with Droid Eris.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mom2EandL, Jun 9, 2010.

1. mom2EandL

mom2EandL New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I have the droid eris with verizon. From the beginning I have had little issues with my phone but nothing to major. Now that I have updated it it seems to be one problem after another. My phone likes to freeze up after I unlock it, it won't make calls when I tell it to. It has the hardest time locate my blue tooth now and half the time apps either stop working while I am using them or won't work at all. I have restarted my phone several times and I am still having these and so many other issues. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have an f***ed up phone and need to get a new one from verizon. Please help me, these things are driving me crazy. :(

Advertisement

2. Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about all that.

Did you to the reset as a last step in the update installation?

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

3. mom2EandL

mom2EandL New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Yes I did. This phone is just making me so mad now I want to throw it at a wall. It just seems to make one mess up after another.

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Agreed, this step may help out if you haven't done it yet. Yikes, I guess you have done this. Just to clarify, it was a "factory reset"? (Not just a power cycle).

5. Everything you list as little problems are pretty much resolvable by the factory reset, as reported by users here.

If that is what you did, rather than just a reboot, then you should probably take the device back to Verizon for an exchange.

6. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    so. east, usa
    probably if you search for each specific problem on this forum you can find a solution. What is your memory like? do you have too many apps? How long have you had your phone? If it is new to you, then you should expect to be a little exasperated by it until you figure it out and tweak it like you want it. The Eris (like all smart phones) has a pretty steep learning curve. If you have had it for awhile and just are having these problems since the ota, a reset will do you a world of good.