1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Need Help With Eclipse

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Rene505, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Rene505

Rene505 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to Eclipse and appreciate any help with this. I recently installed eclipse and am trying to test out a basic android live wallpaper, everything seems fine but when I click run to see how it would appear on my emulator the emulator starts up but my app does not open on it. I also tried to hook up my real android device via usb, the eclipse doesn't even see my real device in the 'run as'. I did follow the instructions on how to hook up a real device but still no use.

I would really appreciate any help on getting my emulator and real device to start showing my apps. I know it is something dumb that I must have missed.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,
    Rene

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Welcome to AF Rene.:)

I moved this to the Application Development forum to get some better eyes on it.

3. venom2124

venom2124 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    North Carolina
    Have you looked at the logcat to see if it is kicking out any errors. Have you tried to run on an actual device. On occassion the emulators will be glitchy and cause more headaches. I've seen emulator run apps do weird things and then the same app runs like a top on an actual phone.

4. Rene505

Rene505 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Sorry I am too new, I would appreciate if you tell me the steps to find and utilize the logcat.
    Yes, as I mentioned I did connect a real device and tried to run on it but it is not showing in eclipse.

5. Rene505

Rene505 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Hi again. It appears that I had an issue with my ADB, when I restarted it now my real device connected via usb is working normally, but I still get errors when trying to start up the emulator. I would appreciate any assistance on this. Thanks

6. houserjr

houserjr Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    window/prefrence/DDMS/abd timeout settings increase this number. The AVD virtual device is a resource hog and takes a long time to start up so it may be timing out. Also consider starting the AVD first then run the code

7. ProjectLiquid

ProjectLiquid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    Senior QA Tester, Activision
    Galactic Layline
    Are there any errors in the console or code? And are you trying to run the program on the emulator or your phone?