• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with finding a new phone. I'm leaving Apple behind.

Dominomitron

Lurker
Jan 20, 2016
TL;DR Version: I've been an apple pleb and now I want to get an android for gaming with a big screen that I can pair with a PS4 controller and I am limited to the T-Mobile Jump plan, Please comment any phone that might be good, Flying Spaghetti Monster bless you.

I have been a captive to Apple for a while, I've owned every single iPhone after the 4S However in between Summer 2014 and Summer 2015 I had a Samsung S5 because I broke my iPhone 5S on a pillow (lol) I bought the iPhone 6+ In June 2015 and I now have the iPhone 6S+ (and have since November) but I can't stop thinking about how I used to have so much fun emulating N64 and stuff like that on my Galaxy S5. Now I want to break free from these chains Apple has me in with the lock of the iPhone, and in order to get rid of these chains I need to get a new phone (and we all know windows phones and flip phones aren't options). To help with this, a MAJOR key some might say, is the Jump plan from T-Mobile, so I can jump on the flagships, But please keep in mind T-Mobile probably doesn't have every android in their stores. I want a phone for 2 things,1. Gaming, I like to play Emulators and I would also like a phone that can pair with my PS4 controller. 2. Something to browse Netflix And YouTube(This is a given). I need quite a large screen because my hands are giant and I would like something that can take a few blows, I have bad grip. So please, if you can suggest a phone that is perfect for me please do, and may the flying spaghetti bless you.

a friend the other day.. got a brand new phone. it was huge. bigger than my Note3.
it looked like a 6 incher. maybe an Asus or LG .

what caught my eye.. it had STEREO FRONT speakers!!! both face forward!!! awesome!
Micro SD slot!

it had a simm slot.. so should be compatible with Tmobile and ATT.

Upvote 0
TL;DR Version: I've been an apple pleb and now I want to get an android for gaming with a big screen that I can pair with a PS4 controller and I am limited to the T-Mobile Jump plan, Please comment any phone that might be good, Flying Spaghetti Monster bless you.
If you root you can use PS4 wirelessly via bluetooth and the six axis app (but rooting phones that aren't nexus can be a pain) Sony definitely is your best bet as the phones since the z3 have been compatible with playstation controllers without root, if you have fast wifi you can even stream games from the PS4 to your sony phone. I am not sure about tmobile and sony phones but I found this site that sells unlocked sim free phones http://www.expansys-usa.com/mobile-phones/brand/sony/ the z5 premium is the newest and biggish 5.5 inches, the largest sony phone is the ultra something coming in a little over 6 inches. I am seriously thinking about getting a sony phone soon, they all have SD cards and are water resistant, and good quality camera.
For non sony phones you can use the PS3 (and probably PS4 controller) via the USB cable and an OTG (on the go) micro usb adapter if the phone supports OTG

Reactions: brockson007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones