• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with foxfi key

Luxloreen

Lurker
Jun 29, 2017
OK so I bought the foxi fi key for my old phone lg k20 ... Never even used it... Now I have the zte max pro and it won't let me even download my purchased app. Because the phone isn't compatible... Please help me I wanna be able to use my new phone (zte imax pro)as a hot spot so that I can use my lg k20 in my car for a GPS and ect... What can I do so that the foxfi key thst i purchased from th play store will show up ?

If the app is incompatible with your new phone, really the only people who can help, and possibly fix are the developers, i.e. the people who wrote FoxFi, that's it. Send them an email, especially if you paid for an app that you can't use.

FoxFi I've never used myself, no need, my phones can always tether as standard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK so I bought the foxi fi key for my old phone lg k20 ... Never even used it... Now I have the zte max pro and it won't let me even download my purchased app. Because the phone isn't compatible... Please help me I wanna be able to use my new phone (zte imax pro)as a hot spot so that I can use my lg k20 in my car for a GPS and ect... What can I do so that the foxfi key thst i purchased from th play store will show up ?
I've ran PDAnet / FoxFi on here... It does NOT get around metro/tmo tethering and hotspot restrictions.

Also, the developer's website has the APK available legally for download if your carrier blocks it from the Play Store: http://pdanet.co/android/

The app is more then compatible, just delisted from the store by the carrier's request.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luxloreen
Upvote 0
Yes I did in fact download the pdanet now I'm not sure what to do ? Is there a guide or  something that can show me what to do now that I have the pfanet  on my phone
Yes there is a tethering guide on this forum for this phone. However if you have T-Mobile or one of its sub carriers it will not work to get around your 8 gigabyte hotspot allotment.

Google is your friend. Even the PdaNet website has a guide to tell you how to get started.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones