1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need Help with Games!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pyro12345, Feb 14, 2011.

1. pyro12345

pyro12345 Newbie
    None

Jan 9, 2011
    Can anyone please tell me why do 3D games I run like SpeedX 3D or Sims 3 HD stay running in background and use up a fair amount of battery (10%-30%).

Task killers won't close the app and most of the time I don't have a Force Close option. Only way to shut them down is a phone reboot.

If you find a solution, please help me out. I don't want to delete these brilliant games

Edit: I have noticed that by the time, battery use of a certain app drops ex. SpeedX started at 27% battery use and is now at 8%. Hope it drops to 0% soon.

Also, I have checked with multiple ways if the application is really running. It appears only to waste battery. When I go to Setting>Applications.....>Running Apps i can't seem to find that game running. 7% now xD

Advertisement

2. simon194

simon194 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    I think you will find the games have actually shut down but they don't get removed from the battery usage list when they do. The reason the percentage drops is because the value is recalculated over a longer total time.

For example: If you played a game for say an hour after switching the phone on and it used 40% in that hour. After two hours the percentage would be recalculated as 20% even though you haven't played the game in the 2nd hour, and after 4 hours it would be down to 10%.