• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with hotspot J7 crown

I use straight talk and although they don't technically allow hotspot as far as I know they don't shut it off. I have had other phones that would tell me the carrier didn't allow hotspot or warn me how much data I could use. That is not the case here, it's just any device that connects has no internet. I was going to make a new APN but all options are grayed out. Would rooting my phone allow me to make a new APN?

Upvote 0
Update. There seems to be another issue to where I can't cast anything to my smart TV. This used to work great. The smart TV is connected to my hotspot although it has no internet from the hotspot it is still connected to it. I have a feeling that this is some how connected to the no internet over hotspot issue. Any help would be great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones