• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with HTC Incredible phone memory

leighdroid

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
My phone is telling me that my phone storage is full and that I need to delete some files to make more space. There are a TON of files on the phone and I have no idea what half of them are for so which ones do I get rid of in order to make space? When I want to view my text messages it won't let me because of the storage....please someone help me out! I am going to call tech support but am hoping to find an answer on here first!

Also, I retrieved my ringtones on the verizon website and I was charged for the ones that I sent to my phone....we aren't suppose to be charged are we, esp. if we already PAID for the ringtones? Also, when they were sent to my phone and downloaded, when I tried to save one of them to my audio folder, it said that droid.smm. (I forget) had to shut down and I had to force close it. Then the text would open up again. What is that all about? Anyone else retrieve ringtones or do you guys not use them or what?!?!

Posted this in your intro post but try here first, Support and Troubleshooting (Incredible) - Android Forums also try zedge app in market, also free, for your ringtones. Doesn't seem right that they charged for them. Sorry you are having difficulties as that sounds like you just got a bad unit.

Thanks for your response and tips! Went to the troubleshooting thread and found that others are having the same problem. I am going to call tech support to figure this out and to get my $ back for the ringtones, I don't think I got all of them downloaded in the first place...the last phone I had they did the same thing, they charged me for the ringtones and I called them up and they took it off my bill. I wish they would fix it so one doesn't get charged when retrieving ringtones.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response and tips! Went to the troubleshooting thread and found that others are having the same problem. I am going to call tech support to figure this out and to get my $ back for the ringtones, I don't think I got all of them downloaded in the first place...the last phone I had they did the same thing, they charged me for the ringtones and I called them up and they took it off my bill. I wish they would fix it so one doesn't get charged when retrieving ringtones.
No problem:):)
If i helped out in any way please dont hesitate to hit the 'thanks' button :D:D

Reactions: leighdroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones