1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Need Help with I7500

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobileservice, Mar 1, 2010.

1. mobileservice

mobileservice New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    1.) Model Number - i7500
    2.) Firmware Version - 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version - I7500JVIG4
    4.) Kernel Version - 2.6.27

Hi Everyone,

Like many I am new to the forum and completely new to the android world. Now like the person in this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/8393-no-market-app-cant-update.html, I also want to update my phone so it becomes much more stable and have the app world. Now I live in Canada and want to use it on Wind Mobile that has just launched here. I read that link which I have stated in detail but the thing is most of things you guys are talking about like NPS, CSC, H7, etc. goes right over my head. Again I am a complete noob at this if you want to call me that so I was wondering if someone had the patience to really break down the process for me because my biggest fear is that I would mess up and ruin the phone. From the looks of it where kam187 was talking about branding and hopefully I understood it right it really doesn't make a difference for me. Thank you for your help and patience.

Advertisement

2. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    mobileservice likes this.
  3. if you've got the i7500L read this

otherwise either use nps (new pc studio, the samsung software that comes with the phone) to update or if/when that doesn't work:
    1. get "odin multi downloader" (or whatever its full name is, it's referred to as just odin here most of the time)
    2. get a firmware you want to flash (there are links in these forums)
    3. remove the csc from the firmware (depending on the firmware, it's either a file called cache.img or *.csc)
    4. flash the phone

mobileservice likes this.