• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with IPD Files ..

BlueMuscles

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2011
NYC
I need to get my phonebook contacts off my blackberry
and transferred to my indulge.

I already saved my phone contacts using BB's rim to my laptop . BB uses
a IPD file extension which my laptop can't open.

How can I do this?

I tried searching the net and the only thing that comes up are sites who want me to pay for their software and they seem shady.

Any help would be aprreciated .

I need to get my phonebook contacts off my blackberry
and transferred to my indulge.

I already saved my phone contacts using BB's rim to my laptop . BB uses
a IPD file extension which my laptop can't open.

How can I do this?

I tried searching the net and the only thing that comes up are sites who want me to pay for their software and they seem shady.

Any help would be aprreciated .

Ah yes the good old way around BB software to a more workable one.
Use windows contacts found on your computer to sync your BB contacts to. Then you will have better luck working with them.

Upvote 0
Sign up for a gmail account. Sync your contacts using gmail. load up your indugle phone and sync your google contacts to your new indulge.

Gmail can only do CVS files and this is in IPD...how can I convert this IPD
to CVS?

I don't have any program to convert it..I tried downloading a program and it had a trojan in it.

Getting very frustrated here.

Thanks

Upvote 0
What is windows contacts ?

I don't even see that on my PC .

FCkng shit is driving me crazy..fckng BlakBerry ..die !

Calm down.....First is if you have a windows operating system any older then Vista, then you might not have windows contacts.

But run a search on your computer to find it. Just type in Windows Contacts.

If your computer has it, a search will pull it up.

If you dont have it on your computer you can go to windows web sight and download it to your computer for free I think.

Otherwise you might be able to go the Gmail route, but Im not sure how or if contacts will sync from BB to gmail.

Upvote 0
Calm down.....First is if you have a windows operating system any older then Vista, then you might not have windows contacts.

But run a search on your computer to find it. Just type in Windows Contacts.

If your computer has it, a search will pull it up.

If you dont have it on your computer you can go to windows web sight and download it to your computer for free I think.

Otherwise you might be able to go the Gmail route, but Im not sure how or if contacts will sync from BB to gmail.

My laptop is windows 7 only 6 months old. I searched for windows contacts and nothing comes up but openoffice files.

I tried the gmail but it needs CVS files and had a trojan downloading a program to convert the ipd to cvs.

why is this shit so difficult..my entire weekend with this ..

Upvote 0
I sync my BB contacts with yahoo because thats the only option other than
outlook which I dont have.

So I now have all my contacts in my yahoo contact list.

I then go to gmail to import them there but gmail keeps asking me this..

We support importing CSV files from Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Eudora and some other apps. We also support importing vCard from apps like Apple Address Book.Learn more

Please select a CSV or vCard file to upload:

How do I do this ?

Gmail needs cvs files so i can send them to my indulge.

Thanks and sorry for the outbursts but this is driving me crazy and I need this done before tomorrow..it's work related.I been messing with this since Friday night and about to smash stuff. :mad:

Upvote 0
In case anyone wants to export contacts from their BB just sync your contacts to a yahoo email account usin BB's Rim Device manager. Forget about all that stuff on the net where they say you have to convert the blackberry ipd files to CVS and send to a gmail account blah blah blah. You don't have to do it for the phone contacts.

Then go to yahoo contacts and click on tools.

Then click on Sync Applications..Do not go to export !

Go to
Sync with Other Mobile Devices

Sync your email and contact information with other mobile devices. Learn how on Yahoo! Mail for Mobile.

Enter your mobile number and link for yahoo will be sent to your cell phone.

If that doesn't work (it didn't for me) just go to m.yahoo.com/mail via your cell phone and sign in to your yahoo account and download the yahoo app .

It will ask if you want to export all your contacts to your cellphone.

Done !

Only thing is you will have 2 of each..one for cell and one for yahoo. It's very easy to delete the duplicates.

Thanks for the replies everyone..appreciate it..didn't get a chance to try the bluetooth method..the BB I have is so old (work issued) 8703e .We will b getting new BB's on Monday and I needed to get my private stuff off it before handing it in.

Upvote 0
In case anyone wants to export contacts from their BB just sync your contacts to a yahoo email account usin BB's Rim Device manager. Forget about all that stuff on the net where they say you have to convert the blackberry ipd files to CVS and send to a gmail account blah blah blah. You don't have to do it for the phone contacts.

Then go to yahoo contacts and click on tools.

Then click on Sync Applications..Do not go to export !

Go to
Sync with Other Mobile Devices

Sync your email and contact information with other mobile devices. Learn how on Yahoo! Mail for Mobile.

Enter your mobile number and link for yahoo will be sent to your cell phone.

If that doesn't work (it didn't for me) just go to m.yahoo.com/mail via your cell phone and sign in to your yahoo account and download the yahoo app .

It will ask if you want to export all your contacts to your cellphone.

Done !

Only thing is you will have 2 of each..one for cell and one for yahoo. It's very easy to delete the duplicates.

Thanks for the replies everyone..appreciate it..didn't get a chance to try the bluetooth method..the BB I have is so old (work issued) 8703e .We will b getting new BB's on Monday and I needed to get my private stuff off it before handing it in.

glad you got it to work for you, my fiance has a blackberry. we simply synced it to a new gmail account, got her a new phone, synced the acct to the phone and poof, we were done. none of that file extension shit you thought you had to put up with. didnt have to deal with the "synced every email through google" since it was a new acct too. either way, glad you found a way.

Upvote 0
For posterity's sake, anyone who wishes to transfer contacts, the first route should ALWAYS be Bluetooth. There's a reason why it's there. Use it, goddanm it!!! :D

But really, bluetooth is what I used to transfer from my Caliber to my Indulge. Two minutes later, 200 contacts imported, and no messing around with Yahoo or Gmail. I'd say the process was rather painlessly easy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones