1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with Kindle books, nothing seems to work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chipster314, Dec 29, 2012.

1. chipster314

chipster314 Newbie

OK I have tried everything that i have read. I have over 2000 books on the kindle and I copied them to my PC. I was able to copy and paste them in a folder "books" for FBReader" on the Nexus and that program see's all the books no problem.

Now I try doing the same for the Kindle APP, copy and paste the books the same way into the kindle folder on Nexus and nothing shows up in the Kindle App. rebooted as well.

Oddly when I click on any book an open its sub folders ( when exploring files)there are no files yet for some reason it works in FBReader.

I guess she can just use the FBReadeer but want to try out the Kindle App as well.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chipster314

chipster314 Newbie

OK maybe its something wrong with the way I am doing it or the files I am copying from Kindle. I just tried a new downloaded book by itself and it works in kindle.

3. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

Can you not just sync them over? I assume your books are not listed on Amazon kindle site?

4. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

Look there that is all that should take if worse comes to worse you use another reader such as aldigo or moon reader+ that will recognize that file format of the books in your storage

5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

go to amazon on a pc, then from the amazon home page, go to kindle on the left of the screen.

go to manage kindle

you should see your kindle library

on the far right next to each title there is an "actions" button, click it and choose "deliver to my" and select your nexus 7, it may be called android tablet or even android tablet 2 or 3 if you have had one before.

It should now be available to the nexus, go to the kindle app and "sync & check for items" from the 3 dots menu button (top right).

6. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Member

If they are books bought on Amazon all you have to do is sync your library. If they were bought elsewhere they won't work in the Kindle app until they are converted to the Kindle format. You can't copy books from a Kindle and paste them into the directory of a device with a Kindle app. Kindle books on a device are locked to that device and have to be redownloaded from your library on to the new device.

7. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Android Enthusiast

Assuming the books aren't DRM protected install your favorite File Manager (I use ES File Explorer), navigate to the folder where you've placed the .mobi files and tap them. This will load the book in the Kindle app, and in the process the book will be imported into your Kindle app's library.