• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with Mac

mirneo515

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Hello Guys,
I'm new to android thing I bought myself samsung Captivate yesterday I'm loving it already but I see few issues with it already hope this would be help to you and me if there are solutions:

Cant mount my phone on mac:
I know samsung released drivers for windows but it seemed to forgot to add drivers for Mac( I heard there is no need of drivers for Mac but it doesn't seem to recognize my phone).I'm currently mounting it in debugging mode.

Samsung native software Samsung Kies is also missing for mac,
I'm using double twist to get the work done but I really want to see how kies handle this.

GPS and battery issue: I been looking all over this forum regarding this but the first time I tried navigator It recognized my phone with 50 meters accuracy that was decent but was not up to the mark with its competitors doing much better, and when it comes to battery mine is decent enough I was bugging my phone since morning around 9 and It dead around 5 that's 8 hours of juice.

6 axis accelerometer seemed to be inaccurate sometimes and looks outdated:
Played labyrinth on my 1'st generation ipod touch and cappy but ipod touch seemed be responding well.

But I really like the build quality of the phone,
Being greasy hand I dropped it on hard wood floor from four feet and didn't even scratched. Thumbs up for that....

That's all I could find out for now but I'll keep updating with anything that pops up.

MY device:
Samsung Captivate
manufactured: 7/26
purchased : 8/4

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones