1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need help with multiple calendars

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wt.pm, Nov 14, 2014.

1. wt.pm

wt.pm Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Male
    OK, I have a Kyocera phone ordered that should be here today, to replace a Moto X I got for an upgrade and just don't like. They both have android 4.4.4, my needs are this: I have two calendars currently google, and "hotmail" (outlook now), though that is could change if it would help. I need to be able to put one 4X4 widget on my desktop for my extremely busy personal life, and another 4X4, widget on a different screen for my work schedule which varies from day to day. Since I work from home, I not only get a start and stop time, I get a start time, a start & stop time for break, start & stop time for lunch, a start & stop time for break, and then a stop time for the day.

So that is a lot of information, my personal information also has a lot of information for each and every appointment. Unfortunately, I have a specific way of looking at things, I don't want an agenda calendar, I want a month view with boxes, with the writing inside the boxes (see attached), there are a few things I don't want, also see attached.

So far, I have tried several different calendars from the play store, and what happens is, I set the built in Google calendar to sync with my calendar, I have downloaded I guess 10 or 12 other calendars to sync with outlook. Ever time, I get stuff set up just like I want it, telling Google not to sync outlook, and the outlook not to sync with Google. However since both use the same Google sync engine, within 5 to 10 minutes my two calendars have merged. Is there any way of doing this? Once they start merging, things get pushed off the screen, so when I look forward to the next week, I don't see it, and I forget it until I get the reminder text, the day before and by then I have two things scheduled at the same time.

I don't mind paying for something if that is what it takes, as long as the price is reasonable, $5 give or take, but I have seen some going for as much as $20-$40, I am not doing that it ain't that serious. I also realize the Kyocera will have a smaller screen than I'm used to, so I may not be able to do a whole month at a time, I can work around that also, as long as I can keep the two calendars seperate. I hate being so stubborn over this, but it's what I need to keep things straight.

Calendar 1 is what I want
    Calendar 2 I wouldn't mind having to go along with #1 but not by itself
    Calendar 3 & 4 I do NOT want at all.

I am somewhat flexible,and I will make do with what I can get. But 3 & 4, I can not work with that, I need to visualize my appointments in a certain way, and that is Calendar 1, #2, would make a good extra way of scheduling but not the primary reason.
    Thank you for any and all help you can give.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, besides the point that I don't understand why you would trade a Moto X for the Kyocera, which by all things AFAIK is inferior in every way, you can do what you are looking for using APW widgets. You can put a multiple instances of calendar widgets on the screen, and configure them to show only the contents of one account.

3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Not sure APW calendar view has text items in the month view, but Business Calendar (Appengix) month view widgets do and you can specify which calendars are shown in each widget. Seems to do exactly what you want by having 2 month view widgets on separate (or the same) home pages.

Roger