1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with my new Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by punkin76, Dec 19, 2011.

1. punkin76

punkin76 Lurker

I bought the HTC Desire in September. This is my first Android phone. And I love my phone, but still getting used to it. I downloaded some christmas ringtones to my phone. Saved them, but not sure where they went. I want to say one as my default ringer and one as my text ringer. How do I find the ringtones I got from myxer and move them where I want them? Thanks for your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello,p

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link to the HTC Desire - Android Forums. I'm sure someone over there will have an answer for you. Thanks for joining the forum.

Ps. Usually when I installed any music or videos - they are stored in my downloads folder. Or the music itself can be found in my music app. (Htc EVO 3d). Best of luck. Happy Holidays. ;)

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

When you find those files, you should put the ringtone files in a folder on your sd card called 'ringtones' (no quotes) and the text message sounds in a folder called 'notifications'. That way they will appear in the list as regular ringtones and notification sounds.

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Welcome to the forums - thanks for signing up!

Hope you find this palce useful!