1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help with new Android Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kolygirl, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Kolygirl

Kolygirl Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Hi,
    I can't seem to find where to post my question except on this introduction so..please forgive if this is in the wrong place - new to forums. So, I connected my Android Incredible to my PC (windows XP) to simply download photos and the slide down bar at top did not offer the "dock with PC" as it states in the manual, only option was to "sync" with PC. So I tapped "sync" and it pulled 160 items off my PC; which appear to be most all my e-mail addresses. Now I've lost those addresses and system restore did not restore and I don't know how to transfer them back to my PC. And, it still did not allow me to download photos. I can't send via e-mail as I only have the $15.00 mon. pkg. and sending photos via e-mail really eats up minutes. It should be simple; accrd. to manual, but it's not. Note, we do not get 3G network where we live - don't know if that is an issue for this situation. Can anyone help please? Thank you.:rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! :)

I'll put this in the right place for you!

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    First off.. welcome to the forum. You will find this a very friendly and helpful site. Congrats on your purchase.. I hope you love your device as much as I do.

If you go into your settings.. you can set how the you connect to the pc. To do this go to apps>settings>connect to pc>default action type. You can also click the ask me option right below the default connect to pc option. I hope this will help you.

4. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    The "sync" option in the pulldown refers to HTC Sync, which syncs your calendar and address book with Outlook. I assume that's where your contacts were? You may be able to put them back by choosing the "repair" option on the desktop end of HTC Sync and telling it to sync the other way. If you have not installed HTC Sync to your PC, it can be downloaded from the HTC site - if you can't find the Incredible version (it was well buried as I recall), the Evo one should work. As well as HTC Sync ever works... it's quite buggy and most people use alternate solutions, such as syncing to Google.

If all you want to do is see your DInc as a drive on the PC so you can transfer files, choose the "disk drive" option in the pulldown. (I think that's what it's called - my DInc is turned off for bump charging at the moment.) The remaining 2 options are for "charging only" and for tethering using Verizon's tethering plan ("mobile broadband connect"), IIRC.

I also recommend downloading the complete manual from the HTC website and reading through it - it'll save a lot of hassles while getting up to speed. :)