1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need help with nexus s problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philgrzyb, Apr 16, 2012.

1. philgrzyb

philgrzyb Lurker

okay so i am with koodo canada i have a nexus s i had GB 2.3.6 and i rooted it BUT today i updated to ICS 4.0.4 and i am having trouble unrooting the phone... do i have to reinstall GB 2.3.6 and then reinstall ICS 4.0.4 and then root that i am stuck i dont know what to do what is the fastest and safest way to do this i dont want to brick my phone. i tried to use ROM manager but my phone has to be rooted to do that -.- please help thanks!:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WoodenAnts

WoodenAnts Member

Hey how ya doing :).
    I love Nexus phones because they are so easy to root. Also easy to get confused
    So if I am understanding correctly, you want to upgrade to ICS 4.04 and still have it rooted? Well I believe there are a couple different ways to go about this.
    One, yes, you are correct with your estimated guess. Create nessesary backups and return the phone to its stock state, Gingerbread 2.3.6. Then upgrade, and root. My knowledge seems to lack the power to tell you how to get the Nexus back to its stock state, sorry. But Google should be able to assist you.
    The way I would do it is to find a ROM of stock ICS 4.04 online and flash that. Seems much faster to me, but I see finding that ROM as being difficult.
    Let me know how you go via personal message if you need more help!
    Also, a disclosure, I am not a expert when it comes to Android, so be sure to you know what you are doing before you take any risk! Best of luck.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello, philgrzyb.. welcome aboard. :)

I moved your thread to the Nexus (ATR) S section for it to get some faster responses.

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews