• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with Notification ringtone/vibrate

BlueMuscles

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2011
NYC
My ringtone (Kill Bill Whistle :) that I had set would go off when I got an email or text like I wanted until today.

Now it vibrates and I have vibrate set to never.

I been trying to figure what setting needs to be changed and no matter what I do it still vibrates.

My incoming calls ringtone works fine but the nofication keeps vibrating.This
started today and I don't recall changing anything that would have caused this.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Settings->Sound settings->Notification ringtone. Select your ringtone again.
If you have changed or messed around with the folders on your SD card and the sound is on there, what you described might happen because the phone "lost" the location of the audio file...
Even if you haven't, just do it anyways, for good measure.

I did select it over and over..I even changed the ringtone several times and the same thing keeps happening.

It vibrates with a very low tone beep.

I'm going to pull the battery and see what happens.

Thanks

Upvote 0
My ringtone (Kill Bill Whistle :) that I had set would go off when I got an email or text like I wanted until today.

Now it vibrates and I have vibrate set to never.

I been trying to figure what setting needs to be changed and no matter what I do it still vibrates.

My incoming calls ringtone works fine but the nofication keeps vibrating.This
started today and I don't recall changing anything that would have caused this.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Have you checked the notification settings in the email app that your using?

Upvote 0
Sounds like the "missed call" notification to me...

Nope..I'm testing it by sending myself an email...oh.. and the vibrate short beep comes on first then my ringtone.

Same thing with sending text..

Missed call /voicemail plays the ringtone only.

Hmmm I guess this is a good way to know if you have voicemail because it plays ringtone only but if you get a text or email you will get the short vibrate /beep then ringtone.

Because we don't have an option to set ringtone for voicemail which is the same as text and email.

So if phone is in your pocket and vibrates first before ringtone you will
know you have a text or email and not voice mail. If it just rings you will
have voicemail.

This tone isn't the normal incoming call ringtone..it's the notification ringtone which is for email..text and voicemail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones