• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with phone dropped in water

weberc3

Lurker
Aug 1, 2014
Well I decided to stay home from work and relax by the pool and eat... Until a bee came and made it his mission to attack me. After failed attempts of trying to just blow it away, and smacking it away... He came back to sting me.. Moral of the story as I tried to hit him away my phone flew into the water.

Now my phone was only in the water for about 3-5 seconds, and as soon as i took the phone out it was still on, then out of no where it turned off. But as soon as i took it out of the water i pulled the battery out and sim and micro sd card out right away and stuck it in a bag of rice for 2 days. Now i tried to use my phone and when i press the power button a gray battery pops up with a loading circle that does not move.

Is there anyway to fix this or is the phone dead?

P.S I fully charged my phone since being in the water. Also, if i try to turn it one sometimes it gets super hot, and keeps making the vibrate as if you were turing the phone on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones