1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need help with prepaid Androids

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Frawsty, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Frawsty

Frawsty Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    I currently own the Optimus V from VM and was wondering if there are any better phones out there right nnow that are prepaid androids. I like the optimus and all but i lust for more power and my family wont get me a contract phone "sigh".... I heard VM was comming out with a new android phone in 2011 so if there is any info on that id be thankful. Also if there are any other prepaid androids you would recomend please tell me of the plans they can have and such. Also if there is any info on the Optimus getting 2.3 please inform me of that aswel. Thankyou :)

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Except for carrier variants like Droid branded, every Android has a no contract, non subsidized, no lock equivalent. They are sold in many countries with independent dealers. In the US and Europe, Expansys is one of them. If you buy an international market Android, unlocked, expect to work only with EDGE in the US. However, you can take them to any carrier with GSM support, and if you travel, you can use local prepaid SIMs with them, removing roaming fees.

Prepaid Androids with carriers are a different matter. I can't remember what Virgin Mobile has, I believe one of them is the Samsung Intercept. The Optimus V is probably the best of the bunch right now.