1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with settings on camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aylaeron, Dec 20, 2012.

1. aylaeron

aylaeron Newbie

I'm a new Android user; I made the switch from iPhone. I notice that the photos I've been taking with this phone look completely different than the ones I used to take on my iPhone. iPhone's photos turned out crisp, clear, and what I saw on the screen before snapping the photo is exactly how the photo would turn out. On the Note II, the photos I take come out a bit grainy and the colors are SUPER dull. Are there settings that I can change to make these pictures look better? The videos I take are extremely high quality, look wonderful and the photos should look the same. Please help? Christmas is coming and I don't want the pictures of my kids, looking like this...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Without seeing an example, it is hard to see what you meant by super dull. I found the Note II picture quality is about on par with the iPhone 4. I think the iPhone 4S and 5 took better pictures, but only by a small margin.

I would try the following with your Note II. Go to camera settings and scroll all the way down to hit the Reset. That would put you back to the original setting in case you somehow accidentally put it in a strange me. Clean your camera lens. Take a few pictures and see if they are better.

3. aylaeron

aylaeron Newbie

I reset the settings, cleaned the lens, but no it didn't help. This is definitely not on par with the 3GS, 4, OR 5 :(. I just don't know what to do. Here's an example of a shot I just took: my kitchen walls are a maroon color and it looks beautiful before I take the shot (of course). After I take it and I go to look at it, it appears to be a really dark/dull red, almost a weird shade of brown. The INTERESTING thing that I JUST noticed is the tiny thumbnail image at the lower right corner while the camera app. THAT photo looks exactly how it appears on the screen before I snap the picture.

4. Cowboy905

Cowboy905 Newbie

I agree with the OP. I LOVE my Note2 way more than my iPhone 4 but the camera is a little lacking.

in terms of my recent phones camera quality:
    iPhone 4
    Note 2
    Galaxy S2

the panorama is awesome but i've never been able to get a photo as crisp as i did with my iphone 4

5. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Interesting... have you actually downloaded the picture to a PC and look at it? If you only saw the dull color on the image after you took the shot, try this:

On your phone, go to settings -> display and scroll all the way down and uncheck the Auto adjust screen tone. See if that helps. If not, go back to settings -> display and Screen mode. Try changing your setting to Standard or Dynamic, and see if that helps.

6. aylaeron

aylaeron Newbie

I think changing the setting to Dynamic did the trick. I had it on Movie for some reason! Thank you for your help :)

7. aylaeron

aylaeron Newbie

Okay, so I retract that statement... I emailed a photo to myself that I took of my daughter so I could upload it to Shutterfly and it still looks like crap. Why? The colors are horribly dull!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews