• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with settings

Lurker
Feb 12, 2022
Is there any manual for this app. There are a lot of settings and no explanations other than the limited FAQ. I want to know - how to set this reader so that when the app is opened it automatically goes to the last page that I read in the current book I am reading - without having to set a bookmark each time I close the app. ALSO - how do I make all text in the book bold? I read ebooks due to a slight visual impairment so that I can make text larger and need to make the text darker - or bold. I see the settings for text - but no way to indicate a bold font for all text on the book pages.

Is there any manual for this app. There are a lot of settings and no explanations other than the limited FAQ. I want to know - how to set this reader so that when the app is opened it automatically goes to the last page that I read in the current book I am reading - without having to set a bookmark each time I close the app. ALSO - how do I make all text in the book bold? I read ebooks due to a slight visual impairment so that I can make text larger and need to make the text darker - or bold. I see the settings for text - but no way to indicate a bold font for all text on the book pages.
Hi,

It depends on which app you are using and the specific features it offers. Many e-reader apps do have settings that allow you to automatically return to your last read page and change the font style, including bold. However, the steps to do so can vary between different apps.

I would recommend checking the app's settings menu or preferences, as well as its user manual or online documentation, for information on how to configure these settings. If the app does not have a built-in option for automatically returning to your last read page or for changing the font to bold, you may want to consider using a different e-reader app that offers these features.

You could also look for other apps for reading ebooks that may have more options for accessibility and personalization such as voice reading.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi,

It depends on which app you are using and the specific features it offers. Many e-reader apps do have settings that allow you to automatically return to your last read page and change the font style, including bold. However, the steps to do so can vary between different apps.

I would recommend checking the app's settings menu or preferences, as well as its user manual or online documentation, for information on how to configure these settings. If the app does not have a built-in option for automatically returning to your last read page or for changing the font to bold, you may want to consider using a different e-reader app that offers these features.

You could also look for other apps for reading ebooks that may have more options for accessibility and personalization such as voice reading.

It is the Librera reading ebook reading app. I have given up on it. There is no explanation of any of the settings in the settijngs menu and there is no apparent manual for this app - which is why I posted here asking if anyone knew of a manual. It all does not matter now as I have deleted the app from my phone. It was using an excessive amount of data and stays connected and using data when it is off and even when do not use background data is set for this app. I have found a much better app that uses no data and uses very little battery. Thanks for th4e response.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It is the Librera reading ebook reading app. I have given up on it. There is no explanation of any of the settings in the settijngs menu and there is no apparent manual for this app - which is why I posted here asking if anyone knew of a manual. It all does not matter now as I have deleted the app from my phone. It was using an excessive amount of data and stays connected and using data when it is off and even when do not use background data is set for this app. I have found a much better app that uses no data and uses very little battery. Thanks for th4e response.
curious as to what app you find much better. care to share?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones