1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help With SU 3.0.7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FeaRzNPHoBiAz, Dec 20, 2011.

1. FeaRzNPHoBiAz

FeaRzNPHoBiAz Lurker

Hey guys I really need your help, I have an HTC Evo 4g and i was rooting my phone using S-Off and i did all the steps needed to root it until i came to the part where i had to download SU and extract into my sd card. The only way for my sd card to show up on my computer was to change my phone setting to mount as disk drive, that was the only way i could of placed the zip file into my sd card. After i was done i put it into charge only mode then i did the hboot and launched CWM. I tried to install SU as a zip file like followed but i came across an error that said installation aborted cant open file (bad file) can someone help me?
    [Also i did the fix permissions thing and it didnt work]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FeaRzNPHoBiAz

FeaRzNPHoBiAz Lurker

Hey guys I really need your help, I have an HTC Evo 4g and i was rooting my phone using S-Off and i did all the steps needed to root it until i came to the part where i had to download SU and extract into my sd card. The only way for my sd card to show up on my computer was to change my phone setting to mount as disk drive, that was the only way i could of placed the zip file into my sd card. After i was done i put it into charge only mode then i did the hboot and launched CWM. I tried to install SU as a zip file like followed but i came across an error that said installation aborted cant open file (bad file) can someone help me?
    [Also i did the fix permissions thing and it didnt work]

3. FeaRzNPHoBiAz

FeaRzNPHoBiAz Lurker

then I get this error:
    Selecting SU Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:can't open /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted.

4. FeaRzNPHoBiAz

FeaRzNPHoBiAz Lurker

then I get this error:
    Selecting SU Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:can't open /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted.

5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Try to redownload the file. it sounds like to me that particular one is corrupt. either from the download or the transfer. From the looks of it you have not done anything wrong.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moved the thread over to the rooting section.

like argedion said, it sounds like a bad download. also if you plan on flashing a rom, you can do just that. all custom roms will have su cooked in.

7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Moved your thread to HTC Evo 4G all things root section -- you'll likely get better help here :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

there was another thread as well. i just combined the two.

9. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Make sure you don't extract the file leave it zipped up. ;)

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews