1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Need help with superuser permissions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by triplecrown, Mar 26, 2010.

1. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    NJ
    I'm gonna need some help guys. So I was messin around with my phone being bored and went into the superuser permissions app. I was looking at all the entries that were in there and I know that it's just a list of permissions you've allowed on your phone. Anyway I wanted to see what would happen if i clicked on one of them. Well it cleared it from the list and I just clicked on all of them so when I'm in the SU app there is nothing there. Now when I try and get into one of my apps that require permission it tells me it requires root and doesn't have permission. So it looks like I blocked all permissions for my rooted apps. The question is how do I get it back??....I'm sure I can just reflash a nandroid backup I have but I was wondering if there is any other way??????

Advertisement

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Did you try and reboot? I learned early on not to touch this app but I hate the way it's designed...shouldn't clear the entries without a prompt of some sort. I did a google search for you but didn't return anything good after about 10 minutes of looking...I'd love to know the answer if anyone has experienced/solved this issue.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Nov 7, 2009
    Multi-platinum Rapper
    Illinois
    A reboot may help. I think that you cleared the permission from the SU app, but the app requesting root still was running, so all of a sudden it lost permission.

If you reboot the phone OR kill the app, the next time it runs, it should reask for SU permission.

4. triplecrown

Nov 22, 2009
    NJ
    Thanks for the reply UBR. Yea I searched for bout an hour and i'm surprised this didnt show up. Anyway I did try and reboot, even tried uninstalling the root required apps and reinstalling. Still nothing. Didn't even ask me to allow permissions again. So at that point I went into full pucker mode and just did a nandroid restore and everything is running fine again. And yea there should definitely be a prompt of some sort. Even though technically still rooted it denies access to everything.

5. triplecrown

Nov 22, 2009
    NJ
    Again backups save the day.....